Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why video game consoles suck

4 posters

Go down

Why video game consoles suck Empty Why video game consoles suck

Post by Grec Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 pm

I've realized recently, no console is better then the other one. THEY ALL suck. And here's why

Wii: The wii sucks because there is nothing to play on it. I know a lot of you have heard this before but I'm sick of only getting one good game for the wii each year. Devs would rather exploit the masses of people that bought the wii for 5 minutes of enjoyment so they make trash gimmick games like Baby Parties. Devs also try to make Wii version ports of games on the xbox or playstation but they end up being nowhere near as good with bad controls and bad graphics. Well, at least you don't have to deal with the community, unlike the...

Xbox: The xbox has some pretty good games, but whenever you try to play online you either get griefers, little wiggers, cheaters, big wiggers, n00bs who think they are good and try to kick people who beat them, and etc. I'm sick of trying to play online and having a little immature retard cry about it whenever I beat him. I mean, at least people can't contact you on the Wii for beating them online. I don't think my inbox can handle any more kids accusing me of being a modder using hax to win. And then there are the people who don't understand how the game works but they STILL think they are good. For example, I was playing L4D2 and some retard set me on fire and team killed me for going into the safe room to start the next chapter when he had 1 health and was going to die anyways because a charger got him. If I saved him I would have died because everyone else was dying because of a huge horde caused by the crescendo event and if I did manage he would still have 1 health instead of 50 because the safe room revives you with half health. But I guess THAT DOESN'T MATTER because he's too fucking proud to look past that. Also you have to pay to play with these twats.

Playstation: The PlayStation has the opposite problem as the Wii. Developers make hardcore games for the playstation (which may or may not be good in your own eyes) but they end up being games that are mindless like hack and slash etc that focus to hard on the graphics. I know there is a ton of good PlayStation 3 games, but so many games that are on the PS3 focus too much on graphics (like Lair). I guess that isn't much of a problem anymore, since devs have found the balance between graphics and gameplay. Another problem with the PS3 is that a lot of the games on it are also on the xbox, there aren't too many exclusives but I guess there are a lot more nowadays. Overall Playstation is getting better.

So long story short: Get a PC. It's very versatile and good games always come out on it. Shooters work much better on it too. And since the people who play PC know how to use a computer you are guaranteed to play with people who are more intelligent then a little wigga.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Why video game consoles suck Empty Re: Why video game consoles suck

Post by VZero Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 pm

nice post Grec.
and i agree, gaming is not what is use to be.
Im pretty sure most of you heard this already but ill say it again The Golden Age of gaming was teh SNES and Genisis days. no lie. (then again thats the era i grew up in so dont hate on me please Razz) im getting side tracked

anyways though gaming is not at its best anymore(well my opinion) there are still a few exceptions out there this gen(bioshock,mario galaxy, few others)

and one last note. as cool and fun teh first Halo was, it started the monster that is the fad of the 2000's. Too many overrated FPSs. and of course the whole graphics thing. Most of today's "hardcore" gamers wont touch a game unless it has the 2 "big" things, Blood and HD graphics.

my rant is over. but as before, Nice post Grec, i agree with you on most parts.
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Ya, I completely agree with your rant too. SNES and Genesis were beast, but nowadays people take their games to seriously and the developers are getting lazier and they keep on reusing the same ideas.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Grec wrote:Ya, I completely agree with your rant too. SNES and Genesis were beast, but nowadays people take their games to seriously and the developers are getting lazier and they keep on reusing the same ideas.

Yep, I agree on that point also. Devs know what teh craze is right now, Violent games, and whether it be good or bad, they still make them, its teh craze so most people are gonna buy them anyways even if they suck. Of course though its the ideal of busniess, all these devs are businesses(spelled it right? >_>) and first things first, they want money. and what better way than to cap on a craze.

same thing on Wii, its an amazing piece of gaming, but since more than half the gamers on wii are Casual. their not gonna like hard games like Zelda,Kid icarus,F-Zero etc. So all the lazy devs crash on teh Motion fad and make some of worst games ever, though sad part is...they all sell, while many GOOD Wii titles are left in the cold. Its all business =/

Last edited by VZero on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Ya, seriously. Right now TvC is below Lego Star Wars on gamefaqs.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by worldjem7 Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:54 pm

We do have a debate hall. It was in Random discussion. I moved it out so it's its own forum now.

Moving this thread to it.
worldjem7
worldjem7
Masks are cool.
Masks are cool.

Brawl Code : 4897-5605-1214

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowray7 Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 pm

There's just one problem with choosing a PC over all the others.
Money.
Out of all the possible choice, while yes the PC is the most versatile, it is almost the most expensive.
You have to worry about how powerful your PC is overall, whether or not you have a Graphics card that will fit your gaming needs. Not to mention most PC games are either multiplayer exclusively or have a half as good singleplayer component (the Wii and PS3 have much better single player experiences, well this is actually discounting gaming emulation but there's legal issues with that).

I would also mention that upgrading your rig can also be a problem, but you really don't need to upgrade your rig more than once per gaming generation.

However I do agree with Grec, getting a PC is the best possible choice because most people who play on the PC aren't little kids who know nothing or think they're pro, and it can provide a great multiplayer experience for free (VS xbox's subscription service). Not to mention, dedicated servers which can be used for custom games that just can't be done on the consoles (IE Prop Hunt in TF2, dogfights in fpses). And then there's custom skins so that you can customize your games to fit your interest, this can't be done on any consoles other than the wii (due to the wii's amazing hacking community, and yes it is possible to do texture hax in games other than brawl). And even if your rig isn't powerful enough to run most current-gen games, there's normally workarounds to help increase framerate, thus allowing some games to run on even a shitty computer (like mine, which can surprisingly play Bioshock, albeit with last gen graphics, but still playable :\).
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down