Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Wins

+4
shadowray7
RogueLeader123
VZero
Fizz
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Wins Empty Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Wins

Post by Fizz Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 pm

some website wrote:How to play: After enough players join, a certain number *a large majority* is selected to be townsfolk. Only a few players, usually 2-4, will be the mafia. The only players allowed to talk to each other outside of the topic are the mafia, in PMs, to discuss strategy. NO TALKING ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THE TOPIC. I don't want dead people telling what they observe to the living players left.

The game is split into two phases. During the day phase, everyone can talk, and try to figure out who is the mafia and such. You can cast a vote to lynch a player, by posting a bolded and in all caps KILL: [PERSON] Once a majority has been reached, that player is then strung up like a pinata, and the night phase begins. EDIT: you can change your vote as much as you want. Cuz you guys obviously can't make up your minds > : (

During the night phase, NOBODY CAN TALK *post in the topic*. The mafia PMs me with the person they wish to kill, and villagers with special powers PM me with their action.

After the night phase ends, I reveal the side the lynched player was on, and I also reveal the outcome of the mafia's kill. The day phase begins once again, and all the LIVING players can continue to discuss the events and vote to lynch again.

HOW TO WIN

This cycle repeats itself until a win condition is met:

All the mafia players are killed. The town wins if this happens *including dead townsfolk*
All the townsfolk are dead, or the number of mafia alive are equal to or greater than the number of townsfolk. The mafia wins *including dead mafia*

If you are DEAD, you are not allowed to post in the topic until one side has finally won. Dead men tell no tales.

If you are a TOWNSFOLK, you are not allowed to discuss things with other townsfolk in the chat or in PMs. All chat goes in the topic. No talking during night.

If you are the MAFIA, you are allowed to talk to the other mafia outside the topic, to discuss strategy and confirm your kill target every night.

The roles:
The GOOD GUYS
Regular Townsfolk: You're just one of the dudes trying to live. No special power. Just because you don't have a power, doesn't mean anything. You still have the power of a vote. Use your vote wisely, and try to lynch the mafia. Kill or be killed.

The Sheriff: Nobody knows who you are. Every Night Phase, you can choose one player to investigate, and what you find will tell you if they are GUILTY or NOT GUILTY of being mafia. *PM me who* YOU ARE THE ONLY SPECIAL ROLE THAT CAN IDENTIFY YOURSELF PUBLICLY IN THE TOPIC That, however, doesn't mean people will believe you, as a mafia could say he's the sheriff and call a townsfolk guilty, and get them lynched. Be wary, and use your power wisely. Try to guide the lynching vote towards who find to be guilty. Don't reveal yourself unless you are certain that you can win it by doing so, otherwise you'll find the mafia putting you at the top of their list.

The Doctor: Once again, nobody knows who you are. Once every Night Phase, you can select one player, and choose to save them. *PM me who* If they happen to get killed by the mafia, you save their life, and they DO NOT DIE. You can only save a person once per game, even if it does nothing. YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF TOO You are not allowed to tell other people that you are the Doctor, though. Use your power wisely, and prolong the life of the townsfolk.

The Vigilante: You are a trigger happy townsfolk with a high powered sniper rifle. Sucks that you only have ONE BULLET THOUGH. Once per game, during the Night Phase, you are allowed to kill ONE player. *PM me who you wish to kill* Once thats through, you are back to being a plain old townsfolk, so be wary of using your power, and make sure you don't kill A FELLOW TOWNSFOLK. Wait it out, try and figure out who the mafia is, and put a bullet through their head. Oh yeah, and if the Sheriff investigates you, YOU WILL APPEAR GUILTY. BEWARE.
Also, the Doctor can SAVE the person you choose to kill, so if the doctor chooses to save a mafia member *not knowingly of course*, and you kill, it fails.

The BAD GUYS
Mafia: You sly dog you, during the night phase, you and your no-good friends come together, choose a target, and PM me with your victim. They will promptly get shot/burned/turned into meat pies/some various hilarious death form, and you are one step closer to victory! You are also allowed to attach a note to the corpse, in order to add to the confusion and perhaps even try to frame somebody. Watch out though, that Goody two shoes Sheriff can sniff you guys out, so try to find him and... show him your "little friend". Also, theres some crazy nutjob vigilante who got his hands on one of your boomsticks, and is out to get you. Try to throw him off, and get him to do your work FOR YOU. You aren't allowed to give up and tell everyone that you're mafia, no ditching your buddies.

All players are allowed to vote during the day. Once a majority is reached, the voted player is Lynched. You are not allowed to vote for yourself. You CAN vote to kill nobody, if you don't feel up to killing somebody. If no majority is reached, no one dies, and Night Phase begins.

Day Phase lasts till a majority vote is reached. Night phase lasts ONLY 12 HOURS, so if you fail to pm me your action fast enough, you WILL BE SKIPPED. THIS INCLUDES YOU, MAFIA. If I receive all the actions before 12 hours, I will skip straight to Day Phase. VIGLIANTE: If you are still alive, I'd appreciate it if you pmed me, even if you don't use your power. That way, I'm not stuck waiting for your trigger happy ass for 12 hours :/

Questions, ask em. You can REGISTER NOW.

So, I'm gonna set up a game I guess.

Signups (strikethrough means dead)
VZero
Shadowray7
Rogueleader123
Blueiscooltoo
Naten2006
Grec
Zachisasian

Actions

Day 1, Day Phase: No lynching.
Day 2, Night Phase: Shadowray was killed by the mafia.

Last edited by Fizz on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 11 times in total
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Wins Empty Re: Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Wins

Post by VZero Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:21 pm

the name caught my attention, but sadly i dont know the game lol
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueLeader123 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm

I do not remember this game. Neutral
RogueLeader123
RogueLeader123

http://soldiersfromhell.foumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowray7 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Oh yes mafia
Let me put it this way

There is a group of mafia
There is a group off townspeople
Only the mafia knows who's mafia and who's not.
Each day everyone discusses who to lynch at the end of the day, then the night phase is entered.
During the night phase Mafia will discuss (privately) who to kill during the night.
Sometimes certain towns-aligned people will get special abilities that they can use during the night or even the day.
The same goes for certain mafia members.
The townspeople's goal is to kill off the mafia.
The mafia's goal is to kill enough townspeople so that their numbers equal the townspeople's (cause once that happens they can just bring in guns or whatever and kill everyone or something).

And that's mafia in a nutshell

If you're setting up a game, I'm in.
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Thanks shadowray.

About how many people do you need to run a game?
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueLeader123 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:45 pm

That's cool, so i'm in, as long as I get a special ability.
RogueLeader123
RogueLeader123

http://soldiersfromhell.foumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueiscooltoo Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 pm

I'll join.
Blueiscooltoo
Blueiscooltoo
I'm blue, da ba de da ba die

Brawl Code : 0603 1904 5796

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 pm

RogueLeader123 wrote:That's cool, so i'm in, as long as I get a special ability.

Well if you're automatically given a special ability then they know you're a townsperson and you're like automatically lynched. I think. xD

But yeah, no guarantee of roles of any sort, that just can't work.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:57 pm

cool cool, i get it
yeah for sure. ill play
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowray7 Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am

Fizz wrote:Thanks shadowray.

About how many people do you need to run a game?
For a basic game... about 5-7
For a more complex game, 15+
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:46 am

Cool, maybe I'll do it then.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:48 am

everyone who plays has t be active on the forums, or else the game will be a bore.
zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 am

zachisasian wrote:everyone who plays has t be active on the forums, or else the game will be a bore.
Definitely. If you sign up make sure you actually participate.

Zach, are you in?

Anyway, I think we should try this so I put sray's description and a list of participants on the OP. We need some more people still.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 am

add everything into OP, copypasta from another forum:

http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf

How to play: After enough players join, a certain number *a large majority* is selected to be townsfolk. Only a few players, usually 2-4, will be the mafia. The only players allowed to talk to each other outside of the topic are the mafia, in PMs, to discuss strategy. NO TALKING ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THE TOPIC. I don't want dead people telling what they observe to the living players left.

The game is split into two phases. During the day phase, everyone can talk, and try to figure out who is the mafia and such. You can cast a vote to lynch a player, by posting a bolded and in all caps KILL: [PERSON] Once a majority has been reached, that player is then strung up like a pinata, and the night phase begins. EDIT: you can change your vote as much as you want. Cuz you guys obviously can't make up your minds > : (

During the night phase, NOBODY CAN TALK *post in the topic*. The mafia PMs me with the person they wish to kill, and villagers with special powers PM me with their action.

After the night phase ends, I reveal the side the lynched player was on, and I also reveal the outcome of the mafia's kill. The day phase begins once again, and all the LIVING players can continue to discuss the events and vote to lynch again.

HOW TO WIN

This cycle repeats itself until a win condition is met:

All the mafia players are killed. The town wins if this happens *including dead townsfolk*
All the townsfolk are dead, or the number of mafia alive are equal to or greater than the number of townsfolk. The mafia wins *including dead mafia*

If you are DEAD, you are not allowed to post in the topic until one side has finally won. Dead men tell no tales.

If you are a TOWNSFOLK, you are not allowed to discuss things with other townsfolk in the chat or in PMs. All chat goes in the topic. No talking during night.

If you are the MAFIA, you are allowed to talk to the other mafia outside the topic, to discuss strategy and confirm your kill target every night.

The roles:
The GOOD GUYS
Regular Townsfolk: You're just one of the dudes trying to live. No special power. Just because you don't have a power, doesn't mean anything. You still have the power of a vote. Use your vote wisely, and try to lynch the mafia. Kill or be killed.

The Sheriff: Nobody knows who you are. Every Night Phase, you can choose one player to investigate, and what you find will tell you if they are GUILTY or NOT GUILTY of being mafia. *PM me who* YOU ARE THE ONLY SPECIAL ROLE THAT CAN IDENTIFY YOURSELF PUBLICLY IN THE TOPIC That, however, doesn't mean people will believe you, as a mafia could say he's the sheriff and call a townsfolk guilty, and get them lynched. Be wary, and use your power wisely. Try to guide the lynching vote towards who find to be guilty. Don't reveal yourself unless you are certain that you can win it by doing so, otherwise you'll find the mafia putting you at the top of their list.

The Doctor: Once again, nobody knows who you are. Once every Night Phase, you can select one player, and choose to save them. *PM me who* If they happen to get killed by the mafia, you save their life, and they DO NOT DIE. You can only save a person once per game, even if it does nothing. YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF TOO You are not allowed to tell other people that you are the Doctor, though. Use your power wisely, and prolong the life of the townsfolk.

The Vigilante: You are a trigger happy townsfolk with a high powered sniper rifle. Sucks that you only have ONE BULLET THOUGH. Once per game, during the Night Phase, you are allowed to kill ONE player. *PM me who you wish to kill* Once thats through, you are back to being a plain old townsfolk, so be wary of using your power, and make sure you don't kill A FELLOW TOWNSFOLK. Wait it out, try and figure out who the mafia is, and put a bullet through their head. Oh yeah, and if the Sheriff investigates you, YOU WILL APPEAR GUILTY. BEWARE.
Also, the Doctor can SAVE the person you choose to kill, so if the doctor chooses to save a mafia member *not knowingly of course*, and you kill, it fails.

The BAD GUYS
Mafia: You sly dog you, during the night phase, you and your no-good friends come together, choose a target, and PM me with your victim. They will promptly get shot/burned/turned into meat pies/some various hilarious death form, and you are one step closer to victory! You are also allowed to attach a note to the corpse, in order to add to the confusion and perhaps even try to frame somebody. Watch out though, that Goody two shoes Sheriff can sniff you guys out, so try to find him and... show him your "little friend". Also, theres some crazy nutjob vigilante who got his hands on one of your boomsticks, and is out to get you. Try to throw him off, and get him to do your work FOR YOU. You aren't allowed to give up and tell everyone that you're mafia, no ditching your buddies.

All players are allowed to vote during the day. Once a majority is reached, the voted player is Lynched. You are not allowed to vote for yourself. You CAN vote to kill nobody, if you don't feel up to killing somebody. If no majority is reached, no one dies, and Night Phase begins.

Day Phase lasts till a majority vote is reached. Night phase lasts ONLY 12 HOURS, so if you fail to pm me your action fast enough, you WILL BE SKIPPED. THIS INCLUDES YOU, MAFIA. If I receive all the actions before 12 hours, I will skip straight to Day Phase. VIGLIANTE: If you are still alive, I'd appreciate it if you pmed me, even if you don't use your power. That way, I'm not stuck waiting for your trigger happy ass for 12 hours :/

Questions, ask em. You can REGISTER NOW.
zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 am

Awesome, thanks.

Still don't know if you're in or not though.
Suspect
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm

I want in!
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:51 pm

I guess I'll play.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Alright, I'm gonna start this game now. We have 7 people and it's gonna be 5 townspeople and 2 mafia. I'll pm roles shortly. Also make sure to read the rules on the front page. There'll be the doctor and the sheriff and the vigilante. Remember, Mafia can talk via pm, but nobody else can (except the doctor and sheriff and vigilante and then only to me).

The schedule is gonna be this: Day phases will be from 9 A.M. Eastern Time to 9 P.M. Eastern Time. That's six to six pacific.

It also means that day phase ends in an hour and 40 minutes or so, so vote quick.

Last edited by Fizz on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowray7 Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Um... well then I guess no lynch, cause like the night tells more than starting on a day (and the fact that only 5 minutes remain for me)
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 pm

That's an hour and five minutes.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Hm...maybe shadowray's on the mafia team. I mean, he doesn't want a lynch to happen. Maybe it's because he is in the mafia.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 pm

It'd make sense... but we can't really do anything tonight. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, who knows, maybe we'll have more evidence against him come time tomorrow.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueiscooltoo Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 pm

or it's cause our likely hood of lynching would kill a townsperson. we have like a 20% chance of getting a mafia member.

also, is there role claiming?
Blueiscooltoo
Blueiscooltoo

Brawl Code : 0603 1904 5796

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Blueiscooltoo wrote:is there role claiming?
You mean pretending you have a certain role when you don't? Yeah, but only for the Sheriff, because I believe the rules say that the sheriff is the only "special" member that can reveal himself.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowray7 Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:10 pm

If I was mafia I'd probably give a random vote being eager to kill off as many people as quickly as possible.
Sides one hour is not enough to give information about others. However one night can give lots of information, hell it can give certain roles like the detective/sheriff or even the doctor who is and who is not mafia.
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next