Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review)

3 posters

Go down

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review) Empty Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review)

Post by VZero Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:26 am

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review) Castlevania-the-adventure-rebirth-20091021064041223_640w (Japenese logo Razz)

Lemme start by saying that FINALLY they get a Castlevania game out thats not like the metroidvania style. A breath of fresh air to all fans to the series. CastlevaniaREbirth takes it back to the NES style, its a 2D sidescroller. hooray! I guess I'll start off with the length, It's quite simple, you have 5 levels to hack and slash through and the 6th stage where its just a simple path to the last battle with Dracula. Pretty short game, but still a challenging experiance. speaking of the diffulculty, this game has quite a steep diffulculty, the first 2 levels are pretty easy, but once you get to the 3rd level its get very tough, and once you hit the 5th level, it gets even harder. But if your like me and like a good challange, then you should welcome it with loving arms haha.

On to the graphics, the graphics arn't anything HD or anything but the silky smooth animations are very well made, and the backgrounds are very well detailed. the sytle is dark and gloomy, but unlike the recent castlevania titles this one has more of an anime/cartoon style to it, which is still very appealing to the eye

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review) Castlevania-rebirth-screens-20091027093819307_640w
The classic style with new graphics really add a refreshing experiance

now for the control. The control is pretty well inputed on this one. its not as Stiff or clunky as its NES Brethern. it is very well balance as you can control jumps more accuratly and dodge attacks much easier. Though the only thing missing is the abillity to whip in all directions(as shown in Super Castlevnia IV)

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review) Castlevania-rebirth-screens-20091027093822729
Yes those dreaded skull towers are everywhere once again

the music in this game should be familliar with most castlevania fans we get treated to many classic tunes. though the choice of insturments is questionable(sounds like a sega genisis game) even with the akward sound, these tunes sound marvelous and bring alot of nostalgia. Not to mention the sound of the evil creatures in Dracula's castle are spot on, though there is a very few cheesy voice acting, still not bad at all though

Final note: I'll say it once again, its awsome to get another original Castlevania title from Konami thats not a Metroidvania title(dont get me wrong those Castlevanias are very awsome aswell) This one may not be the best game on Wiiware but its still a fine good one, and i recommend this to anyone whos up for a good challenge and adventure. Can you vanquish Dracula? haha if you have 1000 wii points i say give yourself a shot.

Graphics:7.5/10

Sound:8/10

Control:9/10

Lasting Appeal:6/10

Overall:8/10

(first game review, so sorry if it didnt come out to well Razz)
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review) Empty Re: Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review)

Post by Fizz Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:33 am

Nice review. Smile

I'll make an image thing for it and then put it up on the articles page (link in the navigation bar).
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review) Empty Re: Castlevania: The Adventure REbirth (Game Review)

Post by Leemaster777 Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:47 am

Not bad at all. Just as a piece of advice, in future articles, try and be a bit more careful with your capitalization and punctuation. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it makes the whole thing seem more professional, and easier to read. Otherwise, good job.
Leemaster777
Leemaster777
Spamkiller
Spamkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 pm

Yeah I hear you Lee, I'll be sure to fix that with my next article Embarassed
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down