Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~

2 posters

Go down

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Empty Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~

Post by Naten2006 Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Metroid_trilogy

Let me start by simply saying this: this game was a fucking masterpiece. The entire series was the surgically re-mastered Metroid, a prequel of Metroid 2: Return of Samus, AND a revolution and reminder of what Nintendo is known for. This game is the intentions for the Metroid Prime series, introducing all 3 together with re-mastered controls, and the small errors repaired for the gamer. This isn't counting how it all came packaged in a metallic case with an art book, a single disc, and the game manual that lets us look at all 3 games at once, and maybe even wonder what made us pick any of the Prime games up in the first place. My review will obviously sound bias in areas, as it is a user review, and I've yet to finish any Prime game, but I'm almost there. Just what I've experienced up to now is incredible.

Graphics: 10/10
Nintendo is known for its soft, cartoon like graphics in many of its major titles, Metroid has broken this golden rule time and time again. These graphics, while not the best on the market, will obviously draw customers. Sadly, books are judged by their cover, by how they look, so thank god Metroid manages to shell it out and give a better user appeal. This game features elements as small as your visor steaming up when you walk through a heated passage, to something as big as an intricate series of explosions.

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Metroid5title

Story: 8/10
It gives a good story, but sometimes it's completely non-existent in the game, which is a nice change from being spoon-fed the story 24/7 in games such as Kingdom Hearts. In Metroid Prime, I barely knew that there was a story in the first place, just going from place to place to recover things that you lost. That's the story though, and like Mario, it's been overused, BUT it’s also what we’ve come to know and love. The scary thing, that alone is enough of a story for a Metroid game, it honestly is, and it is a game that doesn’t so much need a story, as it just needs to have a somewhat defined path. It has that.

Controls 10/10
In Prime 1 and 2, the controls were somewhat touchy and irritating, but they remodeled the controls to match that of the near pristine Prime 3, the only trouble being getting your aim right. With the set up with movement and aim separated, the game has been infinitely improved as a first person shooter.

Gameplay: 7/10
As many others noticed, Prime 1 and 2 had an incredible amount of originality, and you used your power-ups constantly. The reason this section loses 3 points is due to the repetitive simplicity that appeared in Prime 3, alongside the scarcity of use for various power-ups. Don’t get me wrong, the third one is my absolute favorite, but it leaves you wanting more, and I don’t really like that feeling.

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Metroid7title

Replay Value: 10/10
You probably notice a trend of me going back and forth between something and 10/10, it’s because this game does deserve 10/10’s. With this game holding 3 individual titles, each homely to RPG’s in the fact there’s a lot more to do after you finish, each one having hidden expansions to weapons and scans that, once completed 100%, will give you the secret ending.

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Metroid10title

Overall: 9/10
This game has its ups and downs, but it still ranks high. If you ever have the opportunity to get this game, especially since it is no longer being produced, please get it. It will change your view on Nintendo, on Metroid, on gaming in general. Buy, don’t rent, this game can’t be fit into a little bit of time. Let the waiting game begin, Other M is over the yonder.

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ 0*cough*
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Empty Re: Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~

Post by Fizz Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Nice article. Smile

Um, I'd put up a big article image thing for it but we'll probably be changing sites soon and I'll probably be changing up the articles page because it's a little crazy right now. But I'll put it up after the switch for sure.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~ Empty Re: Metroid Prime: Trilogy ~User Review~

Post by Naten2006 Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks, maybe you could put articles on portal next time around along with their own page.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down