Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official PSI Rockin' Ladder

2 posters

Go down

Official PSI Rockin' Ladder Empty Official PSI Rockin' Ladder

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Official PSI Rockin' Ladder Banner

This is the gym for the kid that saved the world from the menace Giygas, the kid that lives in the hearts of all RPG players. This gym will be focusing entirely on this kid, and our only request is that you join us as a main of him. I will be leader, as long as there is no other Ness players before I get wi-fi, which is a good chance. As much as it pains me to say it so, Ness tends to be seen as an outcast in a lot of things. Come one, come all, prove them wrong.

Last edited by Naten2006 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

Official PSI Rockin' Ladder Empty Re: Official PSI Rockin' Ladder

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Ladder and Challenge Rules

1. Naten2006

Challenge rules are as followed: You are permitted to make a challenge to the person above you. These challenges will be submitted on the challenge thread, and/or through PMs. They must be completed within 1 week, and a response must be recieved within 3 days of. If I find out that you lied that you sent the challenge and got a response, but said otherwise, or if you just didn't send the challenge, you will be sent to the bottom of the ladder. The matches will be best 2/3, the majority will be winner.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Stage Legality and Counterpicking

Since this is a Ness gym, I'm making some otherwise Neutral or Counterpick stages, a little less legal.

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick

Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Bridge of Eldin
Frigate Orpheon
Skyworld
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Green Greens (Melee)

Banned

Pokemon Stadium 2
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Battleship Halberd
Hanenbow
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Drive
Warioware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Temple (Melee)
Jungle Japes (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Big Blue (Melee)

Before you start a challenge, both players are permitted to ban one COUNTERPICK stage. This means that neither of them are allowed to pick this throughout the course of the challenge. Once a stage is used, it can not be used again during the challenge. Counterpick is used after the first match, allowing the loser to pick the new stage. This means you will have to have communication during your matches. If these is not possible, Counterpicking is out of play, but the stages are still open after the first fight. None, and I mean none, of the banned stages can be picked. I will be open to changes in the legality list, and you must have a good argument, and persuade me over.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Move List
~In the near future
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Advanced Techinques and Combos
~In the near future

Last edited by Naten2006 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm

Ness through the Years

This is Ness all through the years, from the moment he was introduced, until the ending credits of Brawl, and beyond.

Ness was first introduced in the Mother series, a series featured around modern times, at least back when they were made. This series was also large on the basis of magic, and aliens, both still talked of in modern times. It went anywhere from fighting animals, to taxi cabs in the street. Ness was introduced in Mother 2, but some believe Ninten may be Ness' dad, whom is never seen. This would make sense since all of the games are connected. This is also seen on how Ness is portrayed as a hero in Mother 3, in the items, but also featured as a villain due to Porky, aka Pokey Minch.

In Mother 2, Earthbound, this icon of RPG of the old was introduced. His adventures went through thick and thin with him and his allies; Paula, Jeff, and Poo. Official PSI Rockin' Ladder Earthbound

He is forever encased in the memories of the younger generations thanks to the Smash Bros. series, having revived him.

In Super Smash Bros. he was the WTF character, no one expected him in the slightest. Seen as a difficult, but great char, although no one ever guessed what was behind that fuzzy portrait. Some weren't even sure who he was when it was brought out, and this lead to people backtracking.Official PSI Rockin' Ladder NESSPicture

In Melee, he was brought back. This time he was a starting character, but a lot of Ness fans, new or old, were disappointed by the major nerf. Some strayed to different chars, while others fought the game, becoming Ness players, and even some, masters. The others couldn't forget dear Ness though, no one that played Earthbound ever could.Official PSI Rockin' Ladder Ness

Brawl was a shock for new and old Ness fans, Sakurai putting a scare into everyone by practically threatening to remove one of the original twelve. Some eventually got over it, and supported it even, while others fought in heated debates to see if their hero would return. Many just watched and waited. Ness coming back was an even bigger shock, and relief to many. You can't just get rid of the classics.Official PSI Rockin' Ladder Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Ness_01

Last edited by Naten2006 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Vacationing

If you plan on taking a vacation, you will only be exempt from matches for 2 weeks. During this time, you will be blacked out on the ladder, the person below you being able to skip you, but you will retain your number rank. If you do not post about going on vacation, or you exceed the 2 week limit you will not be exempt from losing your rank.

Last edited by Naten2006 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:33 pm

*reserved*
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:01 pm

I promise if I ever become remotely good with Ness, I'll join this. Smile
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks, XD.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Naten2006 wrote:Vacationing

If you plan on taking a vacation, you will only be exempt from matches for 2 weeks. During this time, you will be blacked out on the ladder, the person below you being able to skip you, but you will retain your number rank. If you do not post about going on vacation, or you exceed the 2 week limit you will not be exempt from losing your rank.
Just a quick nitpick but if people below you can skip you then how can you retain your number rank? If you're third, and fourth skips you, then you become fourth.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Just wanna clarify this just means others can continue the fight for the top, while your rank virtually doesn't exist.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down