Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum.

5 posters

Go down

I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum. Empty I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum.

Post by Grec Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm not doing it. I have no idea why you guys are making a new forum. There's nothing wrong with this one. If you're going to move all the new members into the new forum I'm not joining.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum. Empty Re: I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum.

Post by Naten2006 Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Sad
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum. Empty Re: I am not going to take the time to move to a new forum.

Post by Leemaster777 Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 pm

We've already stated WHY we're moving. We're changing the direction of the forum, and we want to change the name. So, we're going to a new forum.

If the simple act of registering on a new forum is THAT much work for you... well, maybe it's for the best that you don't follow.
Leemaster777
Leemaster777
Spamkiller
Spamkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 pm

So basically what you are saying that we should put behind all the work we put on this forum, then just make a new one in 5 minutes because we're changing directions. Exactly what are we trying to accomplish? A stupid name change?
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:08 pm

It's not like it's going to be any different. We could just change the banner that we have and it would be the same exact thing.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Naten2006 Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm against the change altogether, but I don't want to completely drop off the face of... I'm not even going to recognize this crap, I wish it were still OBC. Please Grec, come to G3, if for nothing more than to be with people that were, and occasionally still are here. It's gonna be too weird without you.
Naten2006
Naten2006
Writer
Writer

Brawl Code : Wi-fi hates me :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm

I came to this place for OBC, not G3
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 am

Grec wrote:I came to this place for OBC, not G3

I Feel ya Grec, OBC is a name that is classic and memorable to all of us, and was an awsome place. we have a great community still and thats badass. but as of now our activity and growth is at a complete stalement, besides most of the old OBC vets, we have hardly if any got any new members here. I still love teh OBC but now a days our activity has hit a rock....hard. Our grand reopening was pretty well, but our next main event we had to post pone...and even then it was cancel due to activity, and not to mention the chat room is like dead half the time. I joined the old OBC 2 years ago(well 1 year and 10 months to be exact) and teh chat room was always booming, the gyms were active and competitve, not to mention the main events were awsome. But as time went by, the appeal of Brawl went down, as well as some departure of some of our founding members, and alot of our classic members left OBC due to falling appeal of brawl. We still have some of us left, which is good, but no offense, nothing is going as strong as it use to be, our gyms are dead, and our tournies never get underway as they use to, this transformation to G3, will surely benifit us, we cannot stay at this activity level for long, if we keep going on like this, eventually OBC may actually die out, or stay stale for the rest of web history, with G3 we have many new things to try to bring more people, and the heart and soul of OBC will still be with us, just with a new face. This transformation may not be perfect but its better to try something different, than just sit and do the ordinary routine. I'm not forcing you to join G3, just saying what I have to say on this matter, and OBC in general. Bottom line: G3 could make the breakthrough that we need, and make this community continue to grow and go strong..
VZero
VZero
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brawl Code : 3652 0222 3577

http://myspace.com/viewtifulzero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizz Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Yeah, basically what v0 said. Also this:

Fizz wrote:We discussed this in chat, but I'll post it here. I was just looking through the original obc site (this is
the third iteration). It was basically focused entirely on competitive online brawl. There was very little discussion of other games, and very little socialization. It was really a community about online brawl competition, hence Online Brawl Community.

The community we have now is based almost entirely on socialization. There is very little actual competition. And while this socialization is a lot of what I like about this site, it's not enough to hold it together and to allow it to expand. It needs a focus of some sort, and given the original purpose of this site it seems appropriate that that focus would be
competition.

Now, I believe that to form a community centered entirely around competitive online brawl was realistic when this site
was formed, but that that is no longer the case. Brawl can be played competitively but it's not a truly competitive game, as evidenced by the fact that this site, once having hundreds of active members, eventually died out. Thus, if we want this community to have a competitive focus, the focus cannot be on brawl alone.

Now, of course, a shift in focus does not necessarily have to entail a shift in the name of the site, but I believe it should. To continue to call this site the Online Brawl Community is not only misleading, but it also holds the site back from expanding, in my view. A BlazBlue player looking for some competition, upon coming to this site, would assume
that this site doesn't suit his/her needs based on the name. Yes, "brawl" is a synonym of "fight" but concerning online fighting games it's very easy to assume it just refers to SSBB. And thus I think we should change the name of this site.

And for those who think we shouldn't change due simply to nostalgia, or because you believe that we would be breaking connections to the original community or something along those lines, the site we will be creating will not be something entirely different. We will start off with the same people we have now. Brawl will still have a section on the site. We will still have the same community. The only difference is a different name and a different site.

We need this change in order for the community to continue and to grow.

I know that OBC was/is a really cool place but there's just not much going on. And while the community is really great it's not really doing anything at the moment. And I want to change that. The OBC has always been about activities. The second site, the one we were all so fond of, had tournaments almost every day, had successful games like Mafia, had varied and active discussion, and just had various activities going on all the time. And that's what I want from G3. We didn't make G3 just because we wanted a forum, we made it because we want the same community to be involved, actively discussing things, playing each other, taking part in activities. I wouldn't have made the site if I thought the community wouldn't come. But I believe the majority of the active members want this change because there are a bunch of advantages to the new site, namely that we can discuss a greater variety of games, and that we can get new members so that maybe our activities will actually take place.

Anyway, Grec, I like you and I'd love it if you would come. Obviously I can't force you to, but I think if we all put something into it it can become like the old OBC was. But, if you're not willing to come, if you'd like, I'd be willing to use the OBC xat chat for the new forum. That way even if you don't come to G3, G3 can come to you in a way.

tl;dr: The community is great but it could be greater if it were actively engaged in a variety of activities. And that's the goal of the new site.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down