Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitions~Chatbox

3 posters

Go down

Transitions~Chatbox Empty Transitions~Chatbox

Post by Fizz Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:30 pm

When we make the transition we're going to have to get a new chatbox to fit the new site, if for no other reason than that the big "Online Brawl Community" in the background can't be changed without an owner.

So. Options. We could stick with Xat, which works fine. But there are a few things I don't like about xat. The amount of text that can be shown at one time is quite small (the main issue for me). Also it has some problems like very often not showing avatars (and for me adding #dhat whenever I try to do a smiley in parentheses, thereby making me unable to use any such smileys). Also there are some issues with copy/pasting, and when you scroll up and leave it that way for any reason, after a few seconds it will reset to the default position which can be annoying. Of course, it has its advantages such as convenience, large text, the friend list and customization.

Other options:

An embedded IRC client (Mibbit for instance)
Other chatbox clients (suggestions?)

Discuss.
Fizz
Fizz
Sistaaa
Sistaaa

Brawl Code : 0946 1943 1151

https://onlinebrawlcommunity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Transitions~Chatbox Empty Re: Transitions~Chatbox

Post by worldjem7 Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Both this, and the new forum will come with their own chatbox. I activated them both to test them out.
worldjem7
worldjem7
Masks are cool.
Masks are cool.

Brawl Code : 4897-5605-1214

Back to top Go down

Transitions~Chatbox Empty Re: Transitions~Chatbox

Post by shadowray7 Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Well if we're leaving xat might I add a suggestion known as the C-Box
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer