Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Online Brawl Community
Notice to all current/prospective members of the OBC: The OBC has changed its name and moved to a new forum, which is located here. Please check it out!
Online Brawl Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L4D>L4D2.

4 posters

Go down

L4D>L4D2. Empty L4D>L4D2.

Post by zachisasian Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 pm

So I managed to breeze through Dead Center/Swamp Fever/The Parish on Expert by myself (in other words, solo'd with the incredibly stupid AI) and naturally assumed that this campaign wouldn't be that tough.

Well, the second level begs to differ. I really hate how there are more invisible commons (infected standing inside foliage that you can't see) then there are in Swamp Fever. 90% of the level is maybe 15 feet wide and the AI D only places Infected alongside walls/in shrubs/behind broken industrial equipment. So yep, this level is just hell in terms of wood commons.

In spite of there being MORE foliage in SF; where the AI D is actually nice enough to place them where you can at least see them (since idle infected have absolutely no audible cues until they activate). Swamp Fever also has paths through the wooded/visibly-challenged areas (similar to BH in L4D1) so you can actually avoid walking into areas where you're being attacked by zombies you can't even see. But nope, not in Hard Rain.

It's aggravating to run through an area; only to turn around and see approximately 50 Infected sprinting towards you that were apparently there the whole time. The AI D is just evil on this level - he sprinkles around 15 Infected on top of rafters that randomly fall on you and the rest in out-of-sight corners completely camouflaged and ready to spring out and attack whenever you walk by.

What's worse is the bots and their natural tenancy to run into a Witch - I can make it to the uninspired staircase warehouse thing with all Survivors in green/yellow health (with pills and occasionally health packs), and then my bots just randomly start sprinting into Witches left and right in an effort to spite me. Even better is when I throw a pipe bomb and suddenly a Witch that was no where near the blast radius startles and while I'm running to the safe house my bots decide to trigger all the rest of the Witches in the area and die.

The crescendo may as well be a different level (it's hard enough to even make it this far, let alone get through it) since the Special Infected literally spawn right on top of you if you're sitting in the corner next to the lift. I've seen Chargers spontaneously appear and beat everyone down (since the AI is incapable of using his primary attack or something) dozens of times.

And pretty much every single time I make it into the sugar cane field a Tank either spawns on the other end and aim bots me with a rock (since I have no idea where it's coming from, I die). Or even better the one time I'm limping towards the safe house after throwing a pipe bomb 15 Worker Infected sprint out from the trees and down me.

They're ridiculously overpowered on Expert. I mean even on lower difficulties there's the ratio of worker infected to common infected is like 5:3 so just think of how bad it is having to kill dozens of Infected each with the health of a Realism Common and an immunity to bile/pipe bombs and you'll see where I'm coming from.

I'd like to be convinced that this level is anything but luck.

And the only reason I 'skipped' the Carnival for now is because the crescendos are bullshit and the AI walk maybe 4 feet before deciding to stop while I deal with all the Specials (they spawn multiples of each by the way - I've died from taking double-Charger stun while Commons beat the shit out of me).

Prime, please get your 360 back and buy this game. I was planning on 1000/1000'ing it before you did but I doubt it's possible to beat Expert without playing online (which I don't get enough time to do anymore anyway).

I'm debating on putting off the rest of the campaigns until you do since there is no imaginable way for the game to down me without it's insane disregard for plausible/realistic expectations in terms of difficulty.

By no means is it 'fair' or 'challenging' to have a billion Infected drop on you who are immune to bashing while stunned (yes, that glitch still exists) every 3 seconds because there isn't a single Incoming Attack spawn in the entire level.

It's like Forge in Halo 3 - a billion zombies just fall on you every time you walk into an open area.

And the melee cap is something else - I'd really like to see VALVe raise it to like 8-9 or something because the longer reloads suck fucking dick when you're otherwise powerless against Common Infected (so in other words, you're pigeon-toed into using melee weapons).

L4D > L4D2.
zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

L4D>L4D2. Empty Re: L4D>L4D2.

Post by Grec Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:38 pm

It's not even that hard, I don't see what that guy is bitching about.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 pm

there's a glitch where you can fly as the survivor. so the campaign is easy to beat, yeah.
zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Ya, and by this guy's logic they're probably not going to patch that like the hellavator glitch.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:46 pm

the guy that posted this isn't stupid.
zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 pm

I know, but it seems like such a minor thing to bitch about.
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Nack Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:57 pm

link to the post/who posted it?

anyway, all i have to say is, l2p lolol.
Nack
Nack
Nack is Nack.
Nack is Nack.

Brawl Code : 4983-4674-1041

http://xat.com/onlinebrawlcommunity

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

oh balls you sure showed me! At least I can back up my stance with something other that 'herp derp baaawww derp' faggot.

Me preferring L4D1 is an opinion. You saying 'you're like the only person I ever heard of that prefers it to L4D2' is retarded because I have no idea how biased your sample is.

It could be full of people who bashed the original yet loved the new demo and bought the new game. Who knows. But for the most part, if you actually PLAYED the original (to death I might add) then you'd obviously see very little 'sequel innovation' prevalent in the new game.

Here's what I expected.

-Dynamic, changing weather conditions
-Changing level lay outs for increased re-playability
-New weapons that would balance perfectly and not-outclass one another
-Practical ammo/weapon upgrades
-No more super commons/invincibility frames on falling common infected (in other words, the fixing of glitches)

Here's what I got.

One and two were both removed for fear of confusing/frustrating new players (thanks shitty play testers), weapons are in no way balanced if only 6 are usable (hey, the same number of guns in the first game!) and melee weapons are reskins; ammo upgrades blow dick and the laser upgrade was technically an idea they had for the first game so considering it to be innovative is just lol.

Then they didn't fix any glitches - okay, so they removed the crouch glitch, which had absolutely no negative impact on the game and instead left us with the same damn glitches everyone complained about at some time or another in the first game.

I came into this game expecting to love it as much as the first game (I was one of the most anti-boycott players ever) and if I'm that disappointed with the final product than I can't help but wonder whether or not VALVe truly was deserving of everyone's support. But you're free to claim that everyone's opinions are wrong as much as you want.
zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

zachisasian
zachisasian

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowray7 Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 pm

learn to use these:
Insert quote here

Cause I swear I thought these where your opinions untill I read your other posts.
shadowray7
shadowray7
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:35 pm

zachisasian wrote:oh balls you sure showed me! At least I can back up my stance with something other that 'herp derp baaawww derp' faggot.

k
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Grec Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:39 pm

-Dynamic, changing weather conditions
Because people care about this.
-Changing level lay outs for increased re-playability
Because that's easy to do and will certainly not mess stuff up
-New weapons that would balance perfectly and not-outclass one another
Because the shotgun was obviously not overpowered in L4D1.
-Practical ammo/weapon upgrades
Because melee weapons dun exits
-No more super commons/invincibility frames on falling common infected (in other words, the fixing of glitches)
Ya, Valve is probably never going to fix that like the Hellevator glitch, freaking griefers are still doing it.

Last edited by Grec on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grec
Grec

Back to top Go down

Post by Nack Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

shadowray7 wrote:learn to use these:
Insert quote here

Cause I swear I thought these where your opinions untill I read your other posts.

learn to learn to be smart. man, we don't post at your convience.

was that too early?
Nack
Nack
Nack is Nack.
Nack is Nack.

Brawl Code : 4983-4674-1041

http://xat.com/onlinebrawlcommunity

Back to top Go down

Post by zachisasian Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:50 pm

oh.
zachisasian